Thursday, May 25, 2006

How do you spell ESPN?

My family has proudly resisted having cable TV for a number of years now. Not a moral decision as much as a financial one. Honestly, there are times when its challenging (UK basketball season is tough...this year was tough for lots of reasons...) But here is a reason NOT to have cable TV. I just heard with some level of amusement that ESPN 2, "The Deuce" as its called by those in-the-know, is covering the Spelling Bee. Come on, Curling is a lame enough sport. But the Spelling Bee?

I can just imagine some of the words that might come up on ESPN's version:

S-T-E-R-O-I-D
O-V-E-R-P-A-I-D
U-N-D-E-R-A-C-H-I-E-V-E

Feel free to add your own words to the list.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm ... for the kids?

    S-O-C-I-A-L L-I-F-E
    N-E-R-D-S
    S-H-E-L-T-E-R-E-D
    A-N-N-O-Y-I-N-G

    for ESPN?

    O-V-E-R H-Y-P-E-D
    D-U-M-B-E-D D-O-W-N
    B-I-A-S-E-D
    T-A-R-G-E-T D-E-M-O-G-R-A-P-H-I-C-S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shut up!! I love both the spelling bee and curling. Now, I'm no fan of professional sports and the thugs posing as athletes, but I won't stand by while potshots are hurled at curlers and spelling-bee'ers.

    Have you ever seen the documentary, "Spellbound?" Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, but please keep it nice. It is helpful if you use your name, too...anonymous comments with no names attached are generally deleted!