Saturday, May 13, 2006

Brush With Fame

Today my kids had a piano recital. All 3 of them, and they did awesome. Halfway through I happened to look behind me (to apologize to whomever was behind me as I stood to do the dad-thing and videotape another of my kids), and who should be sitting behind me? None other than the divine Mrs. G - Gloria Gaither! That's right, Gloria herself apparently has a couple of grandkids who take from the same teacher our kids take from! Not too often that your kids get to perform in the presence of someone who's in the hymn book!

(This sparks an idea for future posts. I've had an eclectic bunch of "fame-brushes" over the years, and from time to time, as I remember them, I'll let you know. Of course, fame is relative...probably half of my "faithful dozen" readership is thinking "Gloria who?" And one of those faithful readers actually works in Gaitherville, so I'm sure he's thinking "Big deal." But I press on....)

1 comment:

  1. Wait, you stood higher than the "G" and survived?? I crawl around our office in hopes of not offending the "G."

    You could have saved yourself the trouble, though. I'm sure that Bill will have the video available at Wal-Mart in six to eight months anyway for the low, low price of $29.95 (or monthly installments).

    And, no, you don't get a cut from the sales. Just believe me on this one.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, but please keep it nice. It is helpful if you use your name, too...anonymous comments with no names attached are generally deleted!