Monday, March 24, 2008

Shane Claiborne quote

Came across this quote from Shane Claiborne, autor of Jesus for President and The Irresistible Revolution. The quote is from the latter...

"As my teacher Tony Campolo used to ask, 'Even if there were no heaven and
there were no hell, would you still follow Jesus? Would you follow him for the
life, joy, and fulfillment he gives you right now?' I am more and more convinced
each day that I would. Don't get me wrong. I'm excited about the afterlife. We
are going to party like there's no tomorrow (umm, and there won't be). And yet I
am convinced that Jesus came not just to prepare us to die but to teach us how
to live."

1 comment:

  1. I think everyone will enjoy the clip of Tony on Eastern University's website at www.eastern.edu/change. His perspective on urban economic development has formed the foundation of the urban studies program at the School for Social Change.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, but please keep it nice. It is helpful if you use your name, too...anonymous comments with no names attached are generally deleted!